Cassini Cloud Service Level Agreement
Effective Date: 2nd April, 2013
This Cassini Cloud Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) is a policy governing the use of the Cassini Cloud Core (“CC Core”) under the terms of the Cassini Cloud Services Customer Agreement (the “CC Agreement”) between Cassini Cloud Pty Ltd. (“CC”, “us” or “we”) and users of CC’ services (“you”). This SLA applies separately to each account using CC Core. Unless otherwise provided herein, this SLA is subject to the terms of the CC Agreement and capitalized terms will have the meaning specified in the CC Agreement. We reserve the right to change the terms of this SLA in accordance with the CC Agreement.
CC will use commercially reasonable efforts to make CC Core available with an Annual Uptime Percentage (defined below) of at least 99.95% during the Service Year. In the event CC Core does not meet the Annual Uptime Percentage commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
- “Service Year” is the preceding 365 days from the date of an SLA claim.
- “Annual Uptime Percentage” is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of 5 minute periods during the Service Year in which CC Core was in the state of “Unavailable.” If you have been using CC Core for less than 365 days, your Service Year is still the preceding 365 days but any days prior to your use of the service will be deemed to have had 100% Availability. Any downtime occurring prior to a successful Service Credit claim cannot be used for future claims. Annual Uptime Percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any CC Core SLA Exclusion (defined below).
- “Unavailable” means that your CC Core server is “Unavailable” to you i.e. no external connectivity during a five minute period and you are unable to connect to your backup server at the end of that five minute period.
- The “Eligible Credit Period” is a single month, and refers to the monthly billing cycle in which the Unavailable event included in the SLA claim occurred.
- A “Service Credit” is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth below, that we may credit back to an eligible CC Core account.
Service Commitments and Service Credits
If the Annual Uptime Percentage for a customer drops below 99.95% for the Service Year, that customer is eligible to receive a Service Credit equal to 10% of their bill for the Eligible Credit Period. To file a claim, a customer does not have to have wait 365 days from the day they started using the service or 365 days from their last successful claim. A customer can file a claim any time their Annual Uptime Percentage over the trailing 365 days drops below 99.95%.
We will apply any Service Credits only against future CC Core payments otherwise due from you. Service Credits shall not entitle you to any refund or other payment from CC. A Service Credit will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar (AUD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account. Unless otherwise provided in the CC Agreement, your sole and exclusive remedy for any unavailability or non-performance of CC Core or other failure by us to provide CC Core is the receipt of a Service Credit (if eligible) in accordance with the terms of this SLA or termination of your use of CC Core.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a Service Credit, you must submit a request by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com. To be eligible, the credit request must (i) include your account number in the subject of the e-mail message (the account number can be found at the top of your monthly Tax Invoice); (ii) include, in the body of the e-mail, the dates and times of each incident of CC Core Unavailable that you claim to have experienced; (iii) include your server request logs that document the errors and corroborate your claimed outage (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks); and (iv) be received by us within thirty (30) business days of the last reported incident in the SLA claim. If the Annual Uptime Percentage of such request is confirmed by us and is less than 99.95% for the Service Year, then we will issue the Service Credit to you within one billing cycle following the month in which the request occurred. Your failure to provide the request and other information as required above will disqualify you from receiving a Service Credit.
CC Core SLA Exclusions
The Service Commitment does not apply to any unavailability, suspension or termination of CC Core, or any other CC Core performance issues: (i) that result from a suspension described in Section 6.1 of the CC Agreement; (ii) caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of CC Core; (iii) that result from any actions or inactions of you or any third party; (iv) that result from your equipment, software or other technology and/or third party equipment, software or other technology (other than third party equipment within our direct control); or (v) arising from our suspension and termination of your right to use CC Core in accordance with the CC Agreement (collectively, the “CC Core SLA Exclusions”). If availability is impacted by factors other than those explicitly listed in this agreement, we may issue a Service Credit considering such factors in our sole discretion.